Insurance Coverage & Extracontractual Liability
Hurwitz & Fine, P.C. represents regional, national and international primary, excess and surplus lines carriers in all aspects of insurance coverage matters, including the related areas of first-party, subrogation and bad faith. We provide sophisticated coverage analyses, underwriting advice, and comprehensive litigation services in the United States and Europe. We are often retained by excess and umbrella carriers to monitor underlying tort disputes or serve as coordinating counsel to manage litigation. We also represent national carriers in class action litigation. With 30 years of experience in insurance law, the firm is recognized as preeminent in the field, and has counseled and litigated in the areas of:
- Commercial Lines
- Directors & Officers
- Employment Practices Liability
- Errors & Omissions
- Excess & Surplus Lines
- Fire, First Party & Subrogation
- Liability & Casualty Insurance
- Life, Health & Disability
- Personal Lines
In matters concerning:
- Agents & Brokers Representation
- Appellate Practice
- Counseling & Strategic Planning
- Coverage Analysis
- Coverage Mediation/Arbitration
- Cyber Liability
- Declaratory Judgment Action
- Examinations Under Oath
- Excess Representation
- Extra-Contractual, Consequential Damages & Bad Faith Analysis
- Insurance Coverage Counsel
- Insurance Litigation
- Legislation Counseling
- No-Fault/UM/SUM Insurance Coverage
- No-Fault/UM/SUM Arbitration & Mediation
- Policy Drafting
- Regulatory Representation
The firm is experienced in adjudicating insurance disputes, drafting insurance contract endorsements and representing carriers before the New York State Department in regulatory matters. The firm also publishes Coverage Pointers, a biweekly electronic insurance coverage newsletter summarizing the latest insurance law decisions from appellate courts in New York State. Dan D. Kohane, the leader of this practice group, is an adjunct professor of insurance law at the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law.
View All Areas of Practice
Latest Newsletters (Copy)
|Coverage Pointers||Nov. 30, 2018|
Fill in the form to register to receive any of our free electronic newsletters:
Subscribe to the Hurwitz & Fine, P.C. newsletter for a wealth of knowledge and advice.
- Coverage Pointers articles are a must read for your up-to-date insurance law decisions.
- Health Law Pointers will provide readers with the latest develpoments.
- Labor Law Pointers article will cover the most significant cases in New York State Labor Laws.