Hurwitz & Fine offers training opportunities, in the insurance coverage, litigation, and labor & employment areas. We regularly visit and participate in local, regional and national claims training for insurers and companies throughout the country via online webinars or in-person sessions. We also frequently present to employers and small businesses on a wide array of topics.
Here is a sample of programs we have provided in the past. We can also create a custom program for you, and revise our list as requests come in.
- A CGL Policy Primer
- A Homeowner's Liability Policy Primer
- ADR and How to Get to "Yes"
- An Auto Liability Policy Primer
- Applying New York’s No-Fault and Serious Injury Threshold Laws
- Avoiding Bad Faith and Spotting the Setup Scenario
- Preventing Bad Faith Claims – First Party Cases
- Preventing Bad Faith Claims – Liability Cases
- Chaos Breeds Resolution: Mediation and the Role of Coverage Counsel in Resolving Chaos
- The Concrete Coverage Crisis
- The Defend or DJ Dilemma
- Understanding CUTPA/CUIPA
- Business Income Coverage
- Cyber & Privacy Claims: Finding the Coverage
- NYS Sexual Harassment Training
- Coverage Primer
- Defending Employment Claims
- EUO's Under First Party Policies
- Fidelity Coverage: Does Direct Still Mean Direct?
- Good Faith Claims Handling
- Good Faith, Consequential Damages and Extra-Contractual Liability – the New York Experience
- Gun Violence and Liability Insurance
- Insured-Selected Counsel: When is it Necessary and How to Avoid and Control?
- Life after Burlington – How Do We Resolve “Additional Insured“ Issues?
- Life after Carlson – When is a Policy “Issued or Delivered in New York” to Trigger Draconian Requirements of CPLR 3420(d)(2)?
- Most Common Mistakes Made in Handling New York Coverage Problems and How to Prevent Them
- No Fault – Nuts and Bolts
- NY Coverage Letters – Nuts & Bolts: How to Create and Write and Timely Send a Disclaimer Letter and NY’s Special Dangers with Reservation of Rights Letters
- Recently Adopted Child Victims Act: Insurance Issues
- Social Media Liability
- Strategic Approaches to Resolving Insurance Coverage Disputes: Do We Defend and Start a DJ? Do We Sit Back and Wait?
- Tenders, Additional Insured Obligations, Indemnity Agreements and Priority of Coverage
- The Cooperation Clause - How to Handle
- The Examination Under Oath: What is it and How to Prepare
- The Primary and Excess Relationship
- The Serious Injury Threshold
- Too Many Claimants, Not Enough Limits
- Uninsured and Underinsured Claims Handling
- Vicarious Liability Related to Employers and Automobiles
- You, Me, and the Oxford Comma in Insurance
Interested in training? Drop us a note at [email protected]