During this difficult and unprecedent time, the safety and well-being of our employees, along with the legal and business needs of our clients, are our top priorities. We remain committed to providing our clients with the highest quality of legal services to meet their needs during this crisis and are available to assist in all ways.
While all of our offices remain open, we have taken the following precautionary steps, following the directives of Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo:
- Our staff is currently following a work arrangement to limit the number of staff and attorneys in the office at any one time. This includes working remote and in staggered teams.
- For our staff working in the office, we have placed hand sanitizer dispensers and disinfectant wipes across the office. We have stressed the importance of washing your hands frequently and are practicing social distancing in all interactions.
- All business travel has been suspended, including conferences, court appearances, and trainings. All internal and external meetings are now conducted via teleconference or Web-Ex.
We have implemented a 14-day home quarantine policy for any staff returning from a personal trip with a flight/hotel stay and have asked that any employees who are sick remain at home.
As the ever-changing situation with the COVID-19 crisis progresses, we will be modifying our protocols as needed and updating you accordingly on our website and through Legal Alerts.
Hurwitz & Fine continues to monitor and analyze coronavirus updates and advise clients on matters related to the coronavirus outbreak. We are available for any concerns that you may have, by calling our main phone number at 716-849-8900. In addition, all of our teams are here to handle any questions that you may have.
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- New York State Department of Health
Erie County Department of Health
Hurwitz & Fine’s Legal Updates on the Coronavirus:
- COVID-19: Employment Law Legislative Update
- COVID-19: What Employers Need to Know About the Coronavirus
For employer related concerns, please contact any of the members of our Employment team:
- Joseph S. Brown – [email protected]
- Ann E. Evanko – [email protected]
- Katherine L. Wood – [email protected]
For business interruption coverage concerns, please contact our Insurance Coverage team: